Speculation Tax - How to apply for your exemption

All residential property owners in designated taxable regions of B.C will have to complete an annual declaration for the speculation and vacancy tax to claim any relevant exemptions. You should receive a declaration letter by late February. 

This tax is different from the vacancy tax and required for all homeowners to complete prior to March 31, 2019. It is important to note that if your property has more than one owner, even if the other owner is your spouse, a declaration must be made for each owner.

You can complete this form either online or by phone.

Click here to complete the information for your property online!